Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer Fun

Having fun at Paul Bunyan's in Minocqua




One of the coolest zoos that we ever went to is the Wildwood Willdlife Park Zoo in Minocqua, WI.  A lot of the animals roam free (tortoise, pigs, goats, deer).  I forgot how much stuff goats like to eat-when I walked in a goat grabbed my map right out of my hand and proceeded to eat it!  I thought the animals were very well taken care of and my girls really enjoyed it.  I would have to say this was one of our favorites this summer!

Makenna with my favorite animal!

Kinzi chillin by the baby goat. 

Feeding time.  Just watch the maps, clothes, cell phones, etc.  The goats seriously tried to eat everything!

Bunnies



Kinzi working on her clay sculpture at All Glazed Up for Clay Mania Tuesdays

Fun times at the Madison Children's Musuem

Of Course we had to make a stop at the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory.  We had fun making our hair stand up on end!

And doing the mysterious Head on a Platter

Where did her body go??

Must be Magic


We went blueberry picking at the end of July at Jacobs Blueberry Patch.  This is one of my favorite picking spots.  Despite it  being in the fifties that day (Brrr!) we managed to pick 21 pounds of berries!  We came home and made lots of blueberry treats but the pancakes were the best.  We froze a lot of the berries too so we can use them all winter.  In the picture you can see Chester the dog.  We were watching him for the weekend so he got to come along.  He gets along well for being 16 years old! 


Ice cream time at Ole and Lena Kaffe Hus in Westby, WI.  My niece joined us and then we did some fun hiking at Norskedalen Nature and Heritage Center



Family Night at Rainbow Ridge Farm in Onalaska, WI with the girls cousin and some friends.  $5 for the entire family and was so much fun.  There were goats, cows, cats, chickens, pigs. 

But the best part was the Monkey Tree.  It was a Box Elder Tree that was huge and on the ground.  The kids would climb up and the goats would follow them.  I bet we played here for an hour!

Kinzi being chased by a goat

On the boardwalk in Sheboygan, WI
Add caption

No comments: